Interested in digital stories?
Welcome to game over!
Here you can meet young authors from three countries developing their stories.
GAME OVER contributes to the objective of the Culture 2000 program by facilitating access to culture and get a wider cultural participation of young people in particular.
Objectives of the project are:
- to inspire young people to read more books and to develop the e-book by using the technique of computer games to make reading interactive,
- to support the exchange of ideas, information and facts among young readers in European countries,
- to promote cross-cultural awareness among young people in the process of international cooperation,
- to increase the access to culture in forms of literature,
- to develop a user-friendly method to create interactive stories to be published on the internet.
- to develop a manual for young authors
- to develop training material for librarians, teachers and staff of youth centres.
What is going on in the project?
Teenagers in San Martino de Buon Albergo, Italy, Crakovia in Poland and Västerås in Sweden are meeting with authers, illustrators and filmpedagogs in workshops in order to get inspitation for new stories.
Summer 2006 there will be a youth camp for all the participants in the middle of the big woods in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.
In november 2006 San Martino Library published a book about the "GameOver project" with all the stories and some backstage.. You can download for free (PDF of 2 Megabytes) and see some digital stories becoming a traditional book.
Curious? Just move on and see what's on the platform.
Actual Story List